Demetris Karayiannis · Δημήτρης Καραγιάννης
Long CV upon request
- Website: dkarayiannis.eu
- ORCID: 0000-0002-2972-7719
- LinkedIn: demetris-karayiannis
- Primary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (2019–Present) MSc in Clinical Linguistics (EMCL+), University of Groningen, University of Eastern Finland, University of Potsdam.
- (2015–2019) BA in English Language and Literature: Theoretical and Applied Linguistics track*, University of Cyprus.
- (2019) DGfS Summer School 2019: Experimental Pragmatics: Theory, Methods, Interfaces, XPrag.de, Leibniz-Zentrum Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft
- (2019) International Spring School on Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics and Clinical Linguistics, University of Novi Sad.
- (2018) 25th Central European Summer School in Generative Grammar (EGG), Generative Linguistics in Eastern Europe (GLEE), University of Banja Luka.
- (2018-2021) Researcher, Heritage Greek in Australia, University of Cyprus & Cyprus University of Technology. with Prof. Kleanthes K. Grohmann, Prof. Maria Kambanaros, Prof. Dr. Artemis Alexiadou
- (2019-2020) Research Assistant, Measuring Word Retrieval in Discourse: Core Lexicon, Cyprus University of Technology. PI: Prof. Maria Kambanaros
- (2018-2020) Research Assistant, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Chronic Post-Stroke Aphasia Rehabilitation, Cyprus University of Technology. PI: Dr. Anastasios M. Georgiou
- (2018) Research Assistant, Disentangling Variation: A crosslinguistic investigation of bilingualism and non-standardization, UiT The Arctic University of Norway. PI: Dr Evelina Leivada
- (2016–2017) Research Assistant, Social Cognition in Normal Aging, Center of Applied Neuroscience, University of Cyprus. PI: Dr Panayiota Shoshilou
- Karayiannis D, Kambanaros M, Grohmann KK and Alexiadou A (2021) Assignment of Grammatical Gender in Heritage Greek. Front. Psychol. 12:717449. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2021.717449 [PDF] [EPUB]
- Grohmann, K. K., Kambanaros, M., & Karayiannis, D. (2019, October), Grammatical Gender Assignment in Heritage Greek. Paper presented at the 3rd International Conference Literacy and Contemporary Society: Identities, Texts, Institutions, Cyprus Pedagogical Institute, Ministry of Education and Culture, & University of Cyprus, Nicosia.
- Grohmann, K. K., Karayiannis, D., & Kambanaros, M. (2019, June), Gender in Heritage Greek. Paper presented at the 13th International Conference on Greek Research, Flinders University, Adelaide.
- Pingouras A., & Karayiannis, D. (2019, June). The distribution of [ʝː] and [ʎː] allophones in Cypriot Greek as spoken in Nicosia and Paphos. Paper presented at the 4th UCY-LC International Forum of Early Researchers, University of Cyprus.
- Karayiannis, D., Georgiou, A. M., Grohmann, K. K., & Kambanaros, M. (2019, April). Linguistic Impairment Profiles in Four Post-Stroke Aphasia Case Studies: Exploring the Role of Dialectal Micro-Variation. Accepted for an oral presentation at the 7th Novi Sad workshop in Psycholinguistic, Neurolinguistic and Clinical Linguistic Research, University of Novi Sad.
- Karayiannis, D. (2019, April). Language Loss in Cypriot Greek-speaking Adults with Neurogenic Disorders. Invited for an oral presentation at the Cyprus Acquisition Team’s weekly meetings, University of Cyprus.
- Pavlou, N. & Karayiannis, D. (2019, March). Workshop on Websites: Wordpress & Static Website Generation. Invited for a workshop session at the School of Business & Management Research Seminar Series, UCLan Cyprus.
- Karayiannis, D. (2018, August) Root Visibility Across Cyclic Domains: Indications from Modern Greek. Presented at the Open Podium session of the 25th Eastern Generative Grammar summer school, University of Banja Luka.
- Τα ριάλια ριάγια: περηφάνια και προκατάληψη. (2017, November 3). Usus norma loquendi. MYCY Radio. [Recording]
- Karayiannis, D., & Pingouras, A. (2017, April). Τα /ɾiˈaʝːa/, /ɾiˈaʎːa/? Aspects of Yeísmo in Cyprus. Presented at the 1st Cyprus Undergraduate Linguistics Conference, University of Cyprus. [Presentation]
- (2018) Conference Organisation: Conference Organiser, 2nd International Cyprus Undergraduate Linguistics Conference, Nicosia.
- (2017) Conference Organisation: Conference Organiser, 1st Cyprus Undergraduate Linguistics Conference, Nicosia.
- (2016) Magazine Editor: Entropia Magazine Issue 9: Languages and Education, Nicosia.